For years, cranberry has been a common presence in a lot of houses. Famed for its sweetness, and much more, cranberry juice is known to prevent urinary tract infection disease amongst others. We will be taking an in depth look at cranberry juice in order to separate myth from fact. Knowing what you can gain from a particular thing is extremely important. But, what’s more?
Table of Content
Is Cranberry Juice Acidic?
Yes. Cranberry juice contains salicylic acids. Consuming cranberry juice regularly increases the salicylic acid level in your body. This acid helps with prevention of the formation of clots in the blood. It is also proven to reduce swelling.
Should I be taking cranberry juice regularly?
Yes. Yes, you should. Cranberry juice is proven to be very useful to the body. This is because it contains lots of properties which helps the body in various ways. Cranberry juice in its natural state without any additives is good enough to be taken in measured quantities daily.
What Makes up the Cranberry Juice?
Cranberry juice contains:
- Salicylic acid
17 Outstanding Benefits of Cranberry Juice?
- Cranberry juice prevents urinary tract infection.
- Drinking cranberry juice improves memory
- Prevent blood clots
- Cranberry juice prevents kidney stones
- There is evidence to suggest cranberry juice is beneficial to diabetic patients
- Drinking cranberry juice helps reduce your body’s risk of getting infection
- Cranberry juice regulates hair growth and hair loss. If you’re experiencing receding hairline, try a healthy dosage.
- Cranberry juice promotes weight loss. If you are dieting or exercising with the aim to lose weight, try including cranberry juice in your diet.
- Cranberry juice prevents cataracts
- Cranberry juice prevents macular disintegration
- Cranberry juice fights tumors in our bodies.
- Cranberry juice is great for bones and teeth
- Cranberry juice gives skin and natural glow. It has been proven to be very helpful to the human skin. It has anti aging properties that specialize in helping your skin achieve a younger, fresher and healthier look.
- Cranberry juice prevents yeast infection
- Cranberry juice is great for cardiovascular health
- Cranberry juice makes ulcers bearable by soothing pain
- Cranberry juice is also proven to lower the risk we face of contacting cancer.
How Often Should I Take Cranberry Juice?
Cranberry juice should not be taken in quantities more than a liter if it is to be taken daily. To get the best, ¾ of a liter per day is appropriate. Consuming more than a liter could likely harm your body rather than help it.
Side Effects of Consuming Cranberry Juice Too Much
Drinking too much of cranberry juice could cause:
- Kidney stones. Rather than treating kidney stones, excessive amounts of cranberry juice can cause them. The irony, unfortunately.
- Stomach lining inflammatory
- Allergic reaction. Cranberry juice contains salicylic acids. These acids are found in aspirin. If you are allergic to a aspirin, you could also be allergic to cranberry as well.
- Hypochlorhydria (low stomach acid)
- Stomach upset. Consuming too much of cranberry juice can come off wrongly on your body even if you’re not allergic. Like everything else, too much of it is bad.
Cranberry juice is safe for everyone except those with allergic reactions. However, if you are pregnant or sick and have never had it before, please run it through your doctor first.
If you’re not pregnant or sick, cranberry juice is a healthy juice you can include in your diet.
R:F – Loves traveling, nature and everything music. This is my journal, where I talk about the things I love and have experienced personally. I hope you enjoy my posts.